Thursday 2 December 2010

Allerton Park Incinerator

The incinerator at Allerton Park is becoming more of a reality after the Executives of the City of York Council and North Yorkshire County Council have recommended the scheme.
The full Council at City of York will make the final decision at next week's Council Meeting. No doubt the public gallery will be full of objectors and no doubt a number will register to speak. As a member of the Council I have no intention of declaring my support or opposition to the scheme prior to the meeting. However I will make the point that the objectors are using false and very misleading arguments in their opposition campaign which really does not advance their argument at all. I readily admit that there are issues to address around funding and maybe the visual impact of the facility. I will listen to the debate next week carefully and cast my vote after weighing up all the issues.

No comments:

Post a Comment